In Costa Rica we went to the...
We went horseback riding
We did a night tour
We saw monkeys above the road
We went to the Manuel Antonio National Park
We went to a chocolate tour at Cafe Cabure.
We did all this in the past week and a half.
I learned chocolate grows inside a fruit as beans on a tree. The tree is called a cacao tree. The cacao tree produces fruit pods that are shaped like footballs. The seeds of those fruits eventually are turned into chocolate.
How Chocolate is Made:
- First, the wet seeds are fermented.
- After the seeds are fermented they are dried.
- Next, the beans are roasted.
- Then the beans are shelled.
- After that they are ground.
- The heat from the grinding turns the beans into a liquid.
- Last, they put in sugar and milk and other ingredients to make the chocolate.